When you shine, darkness fades

Blog#2 Recognition of Behaviourist Theories

This week we learned three different learning theories: behaviourist theory, cognitive theory, and constructivist theory. Among them, I deeply agree with the behaviourist theory, and there are two reasons.

First of all, I received behavior education since I was a child. My personality and character are shaped by this kind of education. I learned knowledge from the teacher, was infected by the learning atmosphere, and was encouraged by my parents’ appreciation.

Secondly, I think human behavior is for profit, and behaviourist theory is consistent with this opinion. Behaviorism defines learning as observable behavioral change that occurs in response to environmental stimuli, that is, people will study seriously because they can get benefits. Just like the reward system in the game, it not only stimulates the player’s internal motivation but also provides external rewards. For example, when I was a child, I worked hard because I could get Pinball soda if I got a high mark in my exams.

Reference:

Summaries of Learning Theories and Models. (n.d.). Learning Theories. Retrieved June 14, 2020, from https://www.learning-theories.com/

1. zhiqingye

I absolutely agree with you on this. Behaviorism theory influences our behaviours in a significant way because for most of us our behaviours are shaped by those who raised us. You gave genuine and reasonable reasons as to why you chosed behaviorism theory. One of the reasons is that it rewards in a positive manner. When we behave well, we enjoy the benefits of good behaviour. Even in the workplace, behaviorism helps us to cope with the work sitiuation and be able to accomodate different people. It also helps us to maintain good ethics.
    Thank you for sharing the ideas

2. lukejr

Interesting posts you have worked on. I like the personal insights. Try to incorporate some more multimedia using some of your new skills such as Canva, or screencasts. Have a nice weekend!

3. peterkim

I think what you said makes perfect sense. Your words succinctly express the purpose of human behavior, that is, to get a response. This response includes spiritual and material responses. The former is praise from your parents and teachers, and the latter is your parents’ reward for the practical significance of your test scores. This is an education model, which tells us to set different rewards for students.

4. haoran

I agree with Behaviorism defines learning as an observable change in behavior that occurs in response to environmental stimuli, that is, people will study seriously because they can get benefits. Because when I was a kid, my family would often buy things I liked to motivate me to study.