When you shine, darkness fades

Blog #1 Multimedia Learning

In today’s digital age, it is not difficult to see that multimedia is becoming more and more popular as a learning tool, especially in the past two years. Because of the influence of COVID-19, multimedia learning has become mainstream. Zoom and Youtube are two indispensable tools for me to study online at home. Zoom and Youtube are also the top two in “top 300 tools for learning 2021”.

So what are the advantages of multimedia learning compared with traditional learning methods? First of all, it is very convenient. Professors only need to use PPT and a few videos to complete the course. Students can also complete the course directly online without face-to-face contact. Then, multimedia learning is more helpful for students to understand information. Through the comprehensive application of the text, pictures, animation, video, and other materials to carry out teaching activities, the professor can make students understand abstract knowledge more easily. Finally, due to the use of modern tools, multimedia learning is easier for students to have an interest and learn independently.

In general, multimedia learning is worthy of application and promotion.

Reference

Top tools for learning 2021. (2021). Retrieved September 18, 2021, from https://www.toptools4learning.com/. 

1. peterkim

Hi YUYU,
    I have read your blog and I do think you have a unique view of online learning tools.

You mentioned three points of Zoom and each of them has illustrated that you had spent a lot of time learning on Zoom in the past year. I do agree with mostly of your opinions. However, in the last point you said that “multimedia learning is easier for students to have an interest”. I did not follow this idea. Do you mean that students can view more informations on the internet or via Zoom meeting so that they can discover more interesting thing that they have not experienced before?

Yours, Heqi Zhang

2. haoran

Hi Yuyu,

I very much agree with you that multimedia learning is worthy of application and promotion. During the epidemic, I deeply experienced the convenience brought by multimedia learning. Multimedia has also become an indispensable learning tool during the pandemic. Recently, the school is gradually resuming offline courses. I want to know whether multimedia learning can also help us face-to-face learning?

Haoran